Interstellar

 I saw Interstellar in theaters when it came out, but I hadn't seen it since then. Despite only being 11, I remember loving the movie, and I'm so glad I still loved it this time around. I remember being absolutely mind blown when I first saw it and barely comprehending it, and now I am studying some of the concepts from the film. I don't watch a lot of TV or film anyways and was young, but I didn't realize the cast contained so many A list actors. I was shocked when I realized Timothee Chalet was in it, but it was one of his first big roles. I knew the all of the science in the film was true, but watching it again with a better concept of the science made it so much more special. I would definitely consider it one of my favorite movies. I decided to get a physics minor because I want to take the astrophysics course, and after watching Interstellar I cannot wait to take the course. This has been my favorite move so far, and I think it'll be my favorite one of the whole semester. I loved seeing all the details I missed or didn't remember. I remembered the overall plot of Cooper going into the black hole and time traveling, a few small details like the morse code spelling STAY, and Cooper and Brand getting stuck on the water planet for hours, but the majority of small details I missed. I enjoyed watching them and realizing that it was foreshadowing. The only thing I wish was different is I wish we saw Brand and Cooper reunite, but other than that I think the movie was perfect. As hard as it was to watch Cooper leave Murph and Murph grow up without him, it only made the movie better. It created an emotional connection and it furthered the plot. I like that it was considered a happy ending, but Cooper and Murph didn't magically get to have their happy ending. The ending was realistic and well thought out. Interstellar is also interesting to watch now as Elon Musk puts more of his efforts into space exploration. It will be interesting to see which parts of the movie hold true in the years to come as more is discovered about our solar system.

Comments

Popular Posts