The Matrix

 I had heard of the Matrix, but I had never seen it. I was under the impression that it was a classic, but I knew it was more popular with the generation before me. I enjoyed it, and it was definitely my kind of film. It was an action film and it didn't get to science-y. I also had no idea that Neo was young Keanu Reeves, and I was shocked. I almost felt betrayed because he used to be so good looking.

If I had time in the future, I would like the watch the sequels. I appreciate that they stretched the story across multiple films because it allows the viewers to get more details of the story. I didn't really like the romantic arc between Neo and Trinity. It felt rushed and forced, especially at the end. It was underdeveloped in my opinion, and the rest of the film being so thorough makes the romantic take worse.

The concept of the pills was very interesting to me. It was definitely inspired by the saying that "Hindsight is 20/20 vision." In such desperate circumstances, I can understand why Morpheus chose to be extreme. He needed people who were willing to fight against the unknown. It also helped that any information could be "downloaded" to their brain. However, in the real world, such an extreme stance would be impossible as well as unethical. You could not expect someone to blindly an offer, especially if it was dangerous. Additionally, not everyone is made to be a fighter and that's okay. I know personally, I wouldn't have taken the red pill. I would need a detailed run down of the mission of the people involved. I feel like many government agencies have had moments where they were incredibly unethical, and I feel like that Morpheus's mission is at the same level. I just couldn't accept his offer knowing that the government has been corrupt in the past. I wouldn't want to unknowingly be part of an operation I don't agree with morally.

Comments

Popular Posts